SHURE KSM44A Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Condenser Mic – NEW
Listed by: Laura | Location: Toronto, Ontario
LOCAL PICKUP ONLY
SHURE KSM44A Large Diaphragm Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone with Shockmount
BRAND NEW IN BOX ($1470 Value)
The KSM44A is a premium, large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone with multiple polar pattern options (cardioid, omnidirectional, bidirectional). The refined and sophisticated design of the KSM44A features an externally biased, dual 1-inch diaphragms, extensive internal pop filtering and Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology for a ground-breaking threshold minimum of self-noise. The KSM44A is the premier choice for the highest level of professional studio and stage performance.
– Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology: Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier provides transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion. Minimizes harmonic and intermodulation distortions.
– Groundbreaking specifications: 4dB of self-noise and max SPL of 131 dB for a total dynamic range of 127 dB – an increase of 7 dB that defines the new standard for cleanly nuanced audio capture
– Multiple polar patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional and bidirectional – for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
– Dual 1 inch, externally biased, ultra-thin, 2.5 m, 24 Karat gold-layered, low mass diaphragms provide superior frequency response
– Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
– Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
– Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
– 3-position switchable low-frequency filter helps reduce unwanted stand vibration noise or counteracts proximity effect
– Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces plosives and other breath noise
– Extremely uniform polar response
– Extended frequency response
– Minimal self-noise
– Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
– Able to withstand high SPLs
– High output level
– No crossover distortion
– Superior common-mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference (RFI)
The KSM44A provides superior results in any application requiring a high quality microphone. Some typical applications are listed below.
– Vocals (studio or live)
– Acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
– Brass and woodwind instruments
– Low-frequency instruments such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
– Overhead miking for drums or percussion
– Choral or orchest