Epiphone Casino Limited Edition
Listed by: Pete Mitchell | Location: West Vancouver, British Columbia
+ $100 SHIPPING
Guiter is less than a year old and in “as new” condition.
The Ltd. Edition Casino in Worn Orange brings a fresh look to the Epiphone classic that has been a favourite of the world’s top artists for over 50 years including The Beatles, Paul Weller, Keith Richards, Radiohead, Gary Clark Jr., and The Kinks. Featuring new Epiphone Dogear P-90 Classic™ single coil pickups and Epiphone “Deluxe” Vintage 14:1 tuners.
Today, Epiphone Casinos are made the same as they were when they were first released in 1961. The new Ltd. Ed. Casino in Worn Orange is an all-hollowbody thin-line archtop with a 5-ply Maple top, back, and sides and with Basswood bracing.
Both the body and fingerboard have Ivory binding. The Mahogany neck has a SlimTaper™ D profile and is glued to the body at the 16th fret just like vintage models from the 60s.
The Pau Ferro fingerboard has parallelogram inlays, a 24.75″ scale, a 12″ radius, and a 1.68″ nut while the small-sloped dovewing headstock has beveled sides and a 14 degree angle for better string tension and intonation.
Pickups are Epiphone Dogear P-90 Classic and are made with 18% Nickel Silver covers and designed and tooled from the ground up with new bobbins manufactured to historic dimensions, Elektrisola magnet wire, sand cast Alnico V magnets, and pole shoes manufactured using correct alloys made to Gibson’s original dimensions.
Each pickup has its own Volume and Tone control with Gold “Top Hat” knobs with metal inserts and pointers and an Epiphone all-metal three-way selector switch.
Hardware consists of a Tune-o-matic bridge and traditional chrome trapeze tailpiece along with Epiphone “Deluxe” Vintage machine heads with small metal buttons and a 14:1 tuning ratio for fast and accurate tuning.
• Top, Back & Rims: 5-ply Laminated Maple
• Neck: Mahogany
• Neck Shape: 1960’s SlimTaper™; D-Profile
• Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
• Scale Length: 24.75″
• Fingerboard: Pau Ferro with parallelogram inlays & 12″ radius
• Headstock: Small sloped dovewing with beveled sides; 14 degree angle
• Binding: Body Top & Back + Fingerboard: 1-ply; Ivory
• Nut Width: 1.68″
• Hardware Plating: Chrome
• Machine Heads: Epiphone “Deluxe” Vintage with small metal buttons: 14:1 ratio
• Lead Pickup: Epiphone Dogear P-90T Classic™
• Bridge Pickup: Epiphone Dogear P-90R Classic™
• Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone
• Knobs: Gold “Top Hats” with metal inserts and pointers
• Pickup Selector: 3-way All-Metal Epiphone toggle
• Bridge: Tune-o-matic
• Tailpiece: Trapez